Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 28: Sheds, Trump and Meniere's..

The wildlife cam caught me carrying some stuff to the bus.

Steps: 20,318

Activity: Hike with dogs; cleaning out shed.

Book: Coyote America by Dan Flores
.
A glorious day today. Slept in. And then did nothing but work on the house, cleaning, reorganizing, and then tackled the shed.

I have an old shed close to the house. Let's just say that no-one could enter the shed anymore due to it being full of stuff. Garbage, recycling, tools strewn about. It was quite nostalgic to move the stuff out of the shed into piles. You know, keep piles; throw away piles. Lots of memories in that shed. Lots.

Of course, it makes me miss J. when I go through the years worth of stuff. Dolls that the girls played with; tents----three tents and various shelters in dilapidated condition that I threw away. Tents from when we took the girls camping. I found a CalMart bag from when we lived in Calistoga, California---from 2003 to 2008. I think those Calistoga years are amongst my favorite years that I've had. They all have been fun----but you just couldn't beat Calistoga and the Napa Valley.

And here is more proof in the20,000 steps I took today, that if I actually didn't have to work for a living, the house would be finished, the place would be tidy, and I would be thin.

Trump continues to make an ass of himself. Yesterday he put out an Executive Order that, in effect, is a Muslim ban. After thousands showed up at airports---and a 5 year old kid was detained---a judge put a stay on the order. The right wing used to say that Obama acted like an emperor with his Executive Orders. Well, Trump has put out a couple everyday since becoming President. He doesn't want to legislate: He wants to dictate!

 I am heartened at the backlash to his over-reach.

And a breakthrough. On January 28, 2016 I had a vertigo spin from my Meniere's Disease. I had another one on May 28, 2016. That means in the last year, I have had only one spin. This is important to me, because 13 or 14 months ago, I was having so much vertigo, I thought I would have to stop working.

So what worked? HCTZ for a med, a low salt diet, very little caffeine and almost no alcohol. I also try and get 8 hours of sleep and I work hard on reducing my stress. This seems to work (as I keep my fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment